Castle Callout: Armor Up With Truth!
Bible Story: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego Stand True, Daniel 3
Activities & Crafts: Create Your Own Knight Kit, Instant Snow, & Belt of Truth
Science-y Fun: Instant Snow Bible Connection
(Read this after you do the Instant Snow activity.)
How does our Instant Snow science activity connect to the Story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego?
A physical change took place because of the presence of water in this experiment. The water turned that tiny scoop of powder into a cup full of fake snow!
In our lives, God is like the water. When we understand that God is present with us all the time, our lives can change.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego knew God was present with them—even in the fiery furnace! Their lives had been changed by their relationship with God, and they knew they could stand up for truth because of it.
When we see the powder change into “snow”, we can remember that our lives are changed because God is with us. We can stand up for truth, too!
Armor of God: Belt of Truth
The Armor of God represents the ways God protects us from doing wrong things and helps us to do what is right. Today we learned about the Belt of Truth. We put on the Belt of Truth to help us tell the truth and also to remember the truths we know about God: He loves us and He is always with us.
Your Belt of Truth kit is all ready for you to assemble!
1. Open the kit and take out all the pieces.
2. Peel one of the backing strips off each of the five white foam rectangles, and stick them to the top of the big red and yellow pieces.
3. Attach the red and yellow pieces to the belt.
4. Decorate the belt with the peel-and-stick jewels and cross. Have fun!
5. Have your grownup thread the elastic string through the two holes on the end of the belt. Then try on your belt. If it’s too big, have the grownup tie the elastic a bit to tighten the fit.